For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom He paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. God chose Him as your ransom long before the world began, but He has now revealed Him to you in these last days. 1 Peter 1:18-20.
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost. Luke 19:10.
Today your LORD (יהוה) God says:
Today I would like to talk to you about the lost. The Son of Man came to seek out and save the lost.
Lost people do not know where they are or which way to go to find the place where they want to be. When you are lost you do not belong where you are. A lost person’s life is on hold, it is not going anywhere or producing anything. When you are lost you cannot settle down and be fruitful. When you are lost you are strange, confused, scared, and are looking for a way out.
Lost people are easy prey. They have no protection.
But there is an even worst kind of lost. It is people who are lost but do not know they are lost. So they are not looking for the right way.
The lost give no glory to Me for they are not fulfilling their purpose. I will that all be saved and come to know the truth. 1 Timothy 2:4. It is not My will that any should perish. 2 Peter 3:9.
What can you do for the lost?
If you lose your child you do not just sit around and relax. You search, you call, and you actively seek until you find your child. You know that children are easy prey and you cannot rest until you rescue your child from possible harm.
Please understand My heart for the lost. I am not mad at them. I so love them I sent My only Son to save them. He left the glory He had with Me in Heaven, emptied Himself of His power as God, and gave His life to seek out and save the lost. Philippians 2:5-11; Luke 19:10. The parable of the Prodigal Son that My Son told you is about Me and My love and desire for My lost children. I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11. I come down from Heaven to save souls at any cost.
If you have a heart toward Me and My Heart moves your heart then you will be determined not just to stay in your easy chair watching TV but to get up (after all My Son left His seat of Glory in Heaven to seek out and save the lost) to seek out and save those who are lost, just as you would your own child. You know that if your child were kidnapped, you would go so far as to pay all you had and more to ransom that child.
But I have good news for you. I already paid the ransom for the lost. And you were all lost without My Son. I bought all of you back but not by perishable things such as gold and silver but with the precious Blood of My Son, beyond price or measure. 1 Peter 1:18-19. I want you to understand that there is not one person who has not been purchased by Me and at what a price! Ephesians 1:7.
Now this is where winning souls gets exciting.
Every lost person is being held captive by Satan who has blinded their minds so they will not see the glory of the Gospel shining on the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:4. But I have already paid the ransom price of every lost soul, which is everyone born since the time of Adam except for My Son. Since the ransom has been paid, the kidnapper has no right to hold them captive but must give them up to the One that paid, but only to the One that paid. But you go clothed in Christ, clothed in the authority of the One who paid the price, Galatians 3:27, and you go in His Name for I have given you the Name of Jesus and there is no other Name by which men are saved. Acts 4:12. Do you see now why that is the only Name that can save men? It is the only Name that can because it is the Name of the One who paid the ransom and has the right to collect the soul He paid for. That is why Peter told the Pharisees that Jesus was the only Name by which men could be saved. Acts 4:12.
So when you go to win the lost, you are clothed in the authority of the One who paid the ransom and you have His Name with which to save men. When you understand this, winning the lost is not an impossible or difficult task. It merely takes knowing who you are actually fighting with for the soul and your rights. You are not fighting with the lost person or even obligated to somehow persuade that person by reasoning and intellect of My existence. Remember Satan has blinded that lost person’s spiritual sight and is holding him captive so until he is set free he cannot see. Satan is holding him illegally but all kidnapping is illegal of course.
So what you need to do is bind Satan and get the person’s eyes opened. But how do you do that? By prayer, constant prayer, and by My Word. My Word is the truth that will set captives free. But how do you attract people to My Word? You need bait. Remember I told My disciples I would make them fishers of men. You must lure the lost away from Satan and get their eyes opened by My Word so the truth can set them free.
And what is the bait? Initially the bait is found in My witnesses because people see you and not me. It is your joy. Your generosity. The miracles in your life. Your love. Your kindness. Your integrity. Your hospitality. Everyone should see how kind you are. Everyone should see how strong you stand up to trials and overcome them. Everyone should see your peace and calm in the midst of adversity. That you speak to mountains and they move. That you are not having anxiety attacks. That you are not complaining, gossiping and whining. That you do not use obscene or suggestive talk. And that you respect and honor My image in them though it is covered and hidden. That you treat them the way you would like to be treated. And when they ask about your joy, you tell them about the source of your joy and victory. You witness to Me as My ambassador. Let your light shine before men so they may see the goodness in your acts and give glory to Me. Matthew 5:16. You have good news that will set them free and bring them home, do not hesitate to pray the prayer of salvation with others, you are offering them the Word of life sent to heal them, set them free, and deliver them from destruction.
If you are negative, harsh, abrasive, depressed, oppressed, complaining, mean, given to fits of anger, always asking for money, and/or always sick, then none of your children, friends or co-workers are going to want to be what you are when you try to win them for Christ! They will say if that is your life as a Christian they do not want any part in it. It is My goodness that attracts people to repentance. Romans 2:4.
But if you are a joyful witness, backed up by prayer and your love for Me, seeking souls not out of compulsion and guilt but out of compassion and knowing My heart for them, then know that you will ultimately win if you persevere with a lost person because the ransom has been paid and it is My Will that all be saved. And if you ask anything according to My Will it shall be done for you. 1 John 5:14-15. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8.
You must realize, however, and make allowance for that even though I have paid the price, if the person chooses to stay with the kidnapper and join up with him in his life of crime there is not much you can do but continue to claim your right to that soul. Ultimately you will win if you do not give up. Hebrews 6:11-12. I told you always to pray and not to faint and you will harvest in due season. But no person for whom someone is praying for such person’s salvation is lost. 1 John 5:14-15. It authorizes me to act in the lost person’s life by My grace, even at the last moment.
The work has been done and paid for, you have only to collect. But being a bill collector (collection agency) is not always an easy job. Satan is not a good payer. He is a thief and a liar. I told you that many times. John 10:10; John 8:44. He is, however, a defeated foe. Colossians 2:13-15.
Now then here is how to win the lost:
- Know that I have already ransomed (purchased) them by the Blood of My Son and you are going as My agent to collect My property. The hard work has been done. The pressure is not on you. You are going as My agent in My authority. You are not out there alone working for Me, you are working with Me, under My protection and authority. You are in partnership with Christ. And through Him, with Him and in Him you are winning souls.
- Back up your work for the lost with the prayer of faith and authority. Bind Satan and tell him you are coming in the Name of Jesus, Mark 16:17, Matthew 18:18, James 4:7, to collect what is Mine and that he has to give up what he owes. Exodus 22:7. Remember that Satan has blinded the eyes of the lost so until the veil is removed they cannot see. Pray that I will give you the words and a wisdom that no one can take exception to or contradict. Luke 21:14-15; Matthew 10:20.
- Get My Word to the lost. Not your own word. My Words. It is My Word that will give them the truth and it is the truth that will set them free. It is My Book (the Bible) and My Word that is the seed. Plant the seeds, they will grow. My Word is living and active and will never pass away. My Word is imperishable seed that causes men to be born again. 1 Peter 1:23.
- Know that people are attracted by My goodness, not by possible judgment to hell. Romans 2:4. Show people that I am Love. Tell them how I want to bless, heal and prosper them. Move in the gifts of the spirit and lay your hands on the sick and watch healing miracles take place. Show them that the Word works in your life by your joy, kindness, peace and hospitality. It is good to pray that I will extend My hand to heal, and that signs and wonders take place through the name of Jesus. My early followers did. Acts 4:30. Signs and wonders follow My Word. Mark 16:20.
- Be patient but do not give up. Imitate Me. Ephesians 5:1-2.
- Always act in love and consult Me constantly on the best way to pursue each person. Every person is unique. Ask Me what I would say to them and say that. That is prophecy. Your words must edify, exhort and encourage. Never speak in anger. I am truth, but I speak the truth in Love. Ephesians 4:15.
- Salvation should be your goal in every conversation you have with anyone. And by salvation I mean all aspects of it, including healing, provision, prosperity, forgiveness, reconciliation with Me, and peace. Pray with them the following prayer in accordance with Romans 10:9-10: “Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus. He died for me. I believe you raised Him from the dead. Jesus is Lord, He is my Lord. Please fill Me with your Holy Spirit and lead me in that beautiful life you prepared for me that I might enjoy it.” Amen.
- Give them a gathering place. The lost are looking for a home where it is safe. Offer them an alternative to bars and dance clubs. My heart has room for everyone. And I fund Kingdom work. Philippians 4:18-19; Luke 12:32.
I love you and all your efforts for the lost must flow out of love, love for Me and love for your neighbor, or they will mean nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8. You conquer evil with good. Romans 12:21.