O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thoughts from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O LORD, You know it all. Psalm 139:1-4.
Today your LORD (יהוה) God says:
People think their thoughts don’t matter, but they do. They are a very serious matter. What you think on is what you become. But most believe that what they think about or say to people within their hearts is not heard but I know your thoughts from afar.
What you are thinking on also sets your countenance and changes the atmosphere in you and around you. You can quench the Holy Spirit and even grieve the Holy Spirit by your thoughts.
Do you remember what brought the judgment of the flood to cleanse the earth of filth? “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. He was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.” Genesis 6:5-6. Wickedness is conceived in thoughts of the heart.
Not every thought that enters you is a thought of your heart. I say this because there are thoughts that will come into your mind from the world, the flesh, and the devil, but you can let these thoughts go and reject them. It is thoughts that you take in and dwell upon that you conceive and give birth to and when sin is conceived it gives birth to death. Pondering and dwelling on a thought will write it on the tablet of your heart and this will direct your speech and your life.
My servant Paul tells you certain thoughts to screen out and take captive to obedience in Christ, in other words, to cast out when they enter and give them no place of rest—no place of employment in you. And he also tells you which thoughts to dwell on and permit to enter your heart. “Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.” Philippians 4:8.
Jesus told you that thoughts are just as evil as the actions you think on—such as adultery and murder.
You can communicate with Me within, without even opening your mouth to speak audible words but throughout the earth your voice resounds in My ears. I hear the thoughts and intentions of your heart.
And you can pick up My thoughts by My Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:10-16. That is the primary way I communicate with born again believers. You hear My voice within coming from My Spirit to your spirit which then relays the Word to your soul, which then communicates it to you as words you understand in your language and it will sound like your own inner voice, but, you, who have drawn close to Me, know it is not your words but Mine you are hearing. You can discern this. And of course My Words always line up with My Words in the Bible. If what you are hearing does not, it is not from Me. You hear in answer to your call.
Please watch your thoughts if you want to live a good life—days of heaven on earth. People can be tormented by their thoughts, and this ought not to be. You are in charge of your thoughts, and you need to let them know that. Nasty people have nasty thoughts. Self-righteous people have self-righteous thoughts. Joyful people have joyful thoughts. Loving people have loving thoughts.
It all starts in your heart but it does not stop there.
You change your behavior by changing your thoughts. It is that simple. Right believing, leads to right living.
But how do you take control of your thoughts? This is not easy but you know that you can or I would not tell you to do so. I tell the unrighteous man to forsake his thoughts. I told Joshua to meditate on My Law (Torah, instruction) day and night.
Well, let’s begin with My lessons in Isaiah 55.
- So it begins: “Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.” Do you see? First you must thirst and come to the waters, living water of My Word, to drink, and you must be hungry and come to eat My Word. To change your thoughts you must want to do so.
- “Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy?” Do not give your time and life to what is not the true bread, to what is not the living Word of eternal life. Why spend your life among the dead? And why waste the precious life I have given you so that you do not have the joy of living the life of good deeds I prepared for you in advance in Christ Jesus?
- “Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in abundance.” Let your ears be attentive above other words to My Words. Do not just put your diet as the junk food of the worldly idle chatter, instead eat My life-giving, purifying Word. So many spend their life on the rubbish heap eating garbage. But this is not where you should spend you days. Set your mind above where you are seated with Christ at My right hand. I have much revelation to give you there.
- “Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you.” My Words are life to those who find them and health to all their flesh. And My Word is My bond with you. It is established forever in Heaven. And My Covenant with you is My Spirit on you and My Words that I have put in your mouth to establish the earth. And what is that everlasting Covenant? The Covenant made with Me by Jesus your great High Priest as your representative so that you enter it in Him as I promised My servant David, “According to the faithful mercies shown to David.” My Son is the root and offspring of David. As God He is the root, as Man He is the offspring. My promise of the Messiah fulfilled. All I have is now yours in that everlasting Covenant of Love. For in Jesus I give you everything I have and am.
- “Behold, I have made him [David] a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander for the peoples.” And what does he witness to? Just read Psalms 22 and 23. To Jesus, your great High Priest who offered His own eternal life and blood for atonement for your sins and to Jesus, your great Good Shepherd, who leads you all out of the valley of the shadow of death where Adam put you to the joys of living in My house forever. And David witnesses to the way of praise and thanksgiving. The key of David for you to use to open the door to Heaven.
- “Seek the LORD while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near.” Now is the acceptable time, now is the day of Salvation. Focus your attention on Me, keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and your thoughts will be ordered aright.
- “Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts.” Let go of the anger, the bitterness, the fear, the resentment, the unforgiveness, the malice, the hate, the gossip, the bickering, the complaining, the depression, the anxiety, the lust, the pornography, and every evil unclean spirit, and
- “let him return to the LORD, and He will have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.” I am always ready to receive you and apply the merits of Christ to you to make you holy and blameless in My sight. But how do you return? I tell you through My prophet Hosea: “Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity. Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity and receive us graciously, that we may present the fruit (par in Hebrew, which means the young bull of the sacrifice for the sins of priests, and Jesus has made you all kings and priests, a royal priesthood) of our lips.” Hosea 14:1-2. Do you see? You return by receiving and declaring Jesus as your Lord and by offering Me Jesus as your unblemished Lamb to take away all your sins and to cleanse you of all unrighteousness by His blood. “Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord. And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 2:1-5.
- “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Again, to think and agree with Me you need to raise up your eyes to Jesus and set your minds on things above, not down in the dirt of the earth where the devil crawls and eats dust. Do not join him. You are of a different image and likeness. And to learn My thoughts your source must be My Words which you have in the Bible. Everything is there that you need to live a godly life.
- “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth. It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.” This is a great revelation. It shows another aspect of the parable told by Jesus of the sower sowing seed, and the seed being My Word. And My Word furnishes you with the seed to plant and cultivate by thinking and speaking and doing it so that you bring forth the harvest of the promise in that seed (Word, such as healing or provision) and it supplies you with the food that you need to grow in life and godliness and for healing. You become what you eat. The more Word you eat the more like Me you will be. And it will bring health to all your flesh. And if you return My Words to Me by declaring them in the earth, I will watch over My Word to perform it. It will not return void but will achieve the purpose for which I send it. I send My Word to heal you and deliver you from all destructions.
- “For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace.” And finally, that is how you should be monitoring your thoughts. They should be thoughts of joy and peace, because if you are in turmoil and torment inside, you have no room for My voice and thoughts of peace and joy. Prepare you the way of the LORD, clear Him a path.
I love you. Keep walking with Me. Keep your eyes on Jesus and also watch your thoughts. Thoughts are the most important part of your day and I want you to center them on Me as My thoughts are centered on you.